Thursday, January 7, 2010

Work Crap.




At work, we all repeat certain tasks ad nauseam.  For the most part, I would say that these small items are a part of my subconscious.  For another part, I know that when I do screw them up, even just a little, there will be a supervisor there to see it.


1.) Send print job to printer.
2.) Retrieve print job–oop...crap.  The printer is jammed...
     well, it's probably something simple, right? 
       a.) Unjam printer
       b.) Resume printer–dang it.
       c.) Unjam printer
       d.) Resume printer-DANG IT.
       e.) Unjam printer
       f.) Res–ARE YOU FRIKKIN' KIDDING?!?!?!
3.) Seek out supervisor for advice on a service call, or just a second
          set of eyes.
       a.) Supervisor is on the phone–come back in a minute
       b.) Get menial task complete–menial task becomes more
          involved,prepare for imminent supervisor arrival...


Just like clockwork, that's the very instant that my supervisor (I have 8) attempts to print to said crapwad printer.  Well, guess what...he can't, cuz my job is hung while I'm working on something else...I know, I hate it when people do that too.


What stinks is, no one can creep in my skull and know what was running in my head except the one person not my superior.  Too bad I can't do my own employee review.


BizHub 500s are crap.


2 comments:

  1. There is nothing like the annoying beep of a printer with issues. Having a few years now in the cubicle farm life I have really come to appreciate The Office (movie) scene where they luckily take out the copier.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, Copiers do all they can to make me the fool. :)

    ReplyDelete