Friday, January 8, 2010

The Awkward Truth.

The truth is, we make time for the things that we want in our lives.


     Me:  Dude, you never call me back.
     Various other artsy friends:  Dude, I don't call
               anyone back, f'real.
    Me:  Really?  How does that fly with...well, with anyone?
    VOAF:  Dude, I'm just busy.  Don't take it personally.
    Me:  Cool.


Well, I guess this is me not taking all sorts of people "personally."  I'll take them "blogfully" instead.


If you're a buddy on any level...you should call back.  Don't get me wrong, I've been that punk friend that didn't call back for like, I dunno 2 days (and yes, I've learned how deeply annoying that can be as well), but it's not the same as leaving someone on the other side of life saying "hello?" to no one.


When you do that, what you're really saying is:  "I'd rather not tell you 'you don't matter,' but you don't."


I know, I know...harsh words. It's true though.  Anyone that's been on the other side of these kind of friendships eventually abandons them.  When they leave, they usually wonder if that was what you were shooting for to begin with.


So, in short...Either learn to talk back, or set your outgoing message to something more realistic:


"Hey!  You've reached [VOAF].  I'm not here right now, but if I feel your attempt to extend the hand of friendship is worthy, I'll call back...or at least intend to."

No comments:

Post a Comment