Thursday, December 31, 2009

Darth Vader's Bathroom

It's so weird the things your child-mind chooses to remember.  For me, it's obscure quotes that for one reason or another just hang in the ether of my brain.


"Wow, it looks like Darth Vader's Bathroom in here..." –so exclaimed Michael Knight, much respected pilot of the only true K.I.T. in the embarrassingly awful 80s show* "Knight Rider."


However, David Hasselhoff's puffy-haired mind must have been filled with more than several vats of mousse, and images depicting himself in girly, leather pants.  In fact, I believe he must have had a vision of the future.


I make this assertion based on the interior of my wife's newest slick little ride.  Oh, yes last night the misses and I were forced to replace an aging and always shabbily cleaned Volvo 960.  Please pause for a moment to commemorate the life of any car that is requisitioned to become the steed of Stephen Fox.  


It never saw me coming.


But, I digress (without the prissy attitude that normally comes with digressing).  The inside of the new car is sweet.  It's like the inside of some crazily organized space ship.  I could in fact see ole' DV taking a twosy** in there while he caught up with holographic displays of the Empire's latest defeat at the hands of "those pesky rebels!"


Anyway, my wife will probably not appreciate my allusion to her car as the latrine to the dark lord, but in the mind of all 30-something guys, it's a compliment.  I mean, I imagine that Mister Vader has to have a pretty nice "potty***" if for no other reason than to give the Emperor a nice place to sit his wrinkly cheeks when he stops by for quarterly inspection.


* For the record, all 80s shows with the exception of "The Muppet Show," "Enforcer," and "M*A*S*H*" were eye-twitchingly awful.


**"Twosy" is a term I have only heard the fabulous "J.D." of "Scrubs" fame utter.  I love the show, so I love to use it's girly lingo.  Don't question my masculinity for use of said girly word.


***"Potty" is the preferred term for restroom among my wife's portion of the family.

No comments:

Post a Comment